Thursday, February 4, 2010

First of at least four 3-night or longer vacations!

I haven't been as spot on as I'd like regarding all the resolutions I made this year. I haven't been blogging as much as I'm supposed to or exercising as much. But today I leave for what (according to my resolutions list) will be the first of at least vacations of three nights or longer.

We're off to Ireland!

We'd been thinking about somewhere to go back in December and Aer Lingus had offered this fantastic sale but we waited too long and when we finally decided we'd go for it, it was too late. But who's Aer Lingus trying to kid -- February in Ireland isn't exactly the most happening time to go.

We waited, and Aer Lingus brought the sale back. Roundtrip airfare and four nights in a 3-star hotel. Granted the hotel's more than five minutes away from the center (hoping for no more than a 20-minute walk) and it is going to be cold and rainy, but come one, we're going to be in Ireland!

My husband can't wait for the beer; I can't wait for the music and sexy accents.

I'm also thrilled to finally be able to share my favorite country with my husband. For those of you who know me, you may remember that he wasn't allowed off our our honeymoon cruise at any of the Irish ports. So now he's finally setting foot on the Emerald Isle and I get to share it with him.

We're even gonna spend a day in Belfast, which I haven't seen since I was 21. That's a long time ago...

I'll let you know if my favorite country is still my favorite when we come back.

Slainte!

2 comments:

  1. There's just something more perfect about a life where you can just drop everything and go...

    ...or did you have more planning than it sounds?

    I hope your trip was good. Some day we'll have to take a trip together; I'm to chicken to go alone, and I don't have a hubby that likes air travel, nor, I'd say, 'exotic' destinations.
    Best,
    Sharon w.

    ReplyDelete